Do you want to be prepared in an emergency situation? Imagine you come face-to-face with a threat. Your choices are to surrender or fight. You are either armed or are not. You might react out of fear by fighting, fleeing, or freezing. Understanding yourself and your reactions is critical when it comes to an emergency. Here is why you should learn self-defense.
Why learn self-defense?
The key reasons you should learn self-defense are preparedness and confidence, and it promotes your mental and physical health.
- Preparedness – You can evaluate the threat situation you are facing and understand how to react to it. If you are prepared, you will know what physical reaction you need to take and can avoid putting yourself in danger.
- Confidence – Yes, confidence! Believe it or not, confidence in yourself will grow. You will become sure in yourself and trust how to react. You will be able to read a situation and understand your fear response.
- Promotes health – Learning self-defense will help your health both mentally and physically. With preparedness and confidence, your mental health will become stronger. You will get into shape by practicing exercises. Improving fitness is always good for your body and mental state.
If these aren’t enough, think about saving a life. Your skills could save someone besides yourself. You could become a hero by understanding a threat and responding appropriately. Check out the resources available to you as the next step.
If you want to learn self-defense but are unsure where to start, start with law enforcement, research, and connections.
- Law enforcement – Your local policeman will surely know where to start! They are the ones on the frontlines of safety and understand what your community offers. They are also aware of threats. By asking a cop, you can learn about self-defense and understand them more personally. While you’re at it, thank them for serving your community.
- Research – By researching, you are already a step ahead. Research can help prepare you, educate you, and keep you informed on the best self-defense tactics. You can read books, follow expert advice, and practice self-defense in your free time.
- Connections – Yes, connections. Do you recognize the saying “connections make a difference”? It’s true. Asking people you know can lead you to answers you trust. Start with asking veterans you know, police and fireman friends, or others who have taken classes.
Your journey to safety isn’t complete. If you truly want to have all your bases covered, start with us as part of your research. Alert Protection Services is the answer to a secure environment and the first step to safety.
To get your feet off the ground, you should contact APS. We are your first line of security. As experts, you can talk to us by scheduling a security and risk assessment for your business, church, or school. We will evaluate your facility and decide how you can move forward most appropriately. Each building is unique when it comes to security. We’ve got you in this. Contact APS today.